Chavara Short Film festival 2019
1. The film should be of duration between 5 minutes & 30 minutes.
2. Should be in Malayalam or English
3. Should be submitted in CD/DVD format
4. Should be registered on or before 31st October 2019 by the entry form duly filled in along with
a. CD/DVD copy of the film.
b. Affidavit in the prescribed format that the film is an original creation and not a dubbed version or adaptation violating copyright rules.
c. One Photograph each of the Director and Producer with their names written on reverse.
d. Bio data of the Director and Producer
e. Bank Draft/ Cheque/ Money Order/Cash on Ernakulam favoring Chavara Movie Circle for a sum of Rs.1000/- being Registration fee.
f. Certificate confirming the Film is originally made by the Applicants in the case of Campus film Entries from the respective Heads of Institution.
g. Brief synopsis of the film in one page.
5. Application should be submitted in the prescribed form
6. A preliminary Selection Committee would preview all the entries and select deserving films for Jury Screening.
7. A jury chaired by renowned film maker K G George, Film Directors George Kithu, Shyamdhar and Antony Sony as members P.J.Cheriyan, former Chief of Photography, Manorama News as Convener would select the Best Film and the Best Director. The jury will also select 5 outstanding films from the films screening from Chavara Movie Circle commendation.
8. Awards will be given to the Producers and Directors of the films thus selected at a function being held at Chavara Cultural Centre Auditorium Ernakulam.
9. The Prize for the Producer of the Best Film would contain a Cash Award of Rs.50,000/-,( Rs.30,000/- Director and Rs.20,000/- Producer ) a citation and a Memento .
a) Directors and Producers of the 5 films selected for Chavara Movie Circle commendation will receive a cash prize of Rs.5000/-each, a memento and citation.
10. The decision of the Jury would be final and binding on all the entries ( Click the link for More details)
• Set up a charitable society to reinstate children and adults living with HIV / AIDS
• Conducted Summer Camps / Personality Development Workshops for HIV+ youth
• Extended world-class vocational training and employment to HIV+ youth
• Tied-up with SRVC to set up an exclusive training centre for the visually-challenged
• Extended Computer, Soft Skills, Spoken English training for the visually-challenged